The marketing game has quickly and profoundly evolved over the past decade, largely due to the advent of the multichannel consumer. According to a 2013 survey conducted by eConsultancy, consumers listed the following as their preferred channels for customer service:
- Phone (61 percent)
- Email (60 percent)
- Live chat (57 percent)
- Online knowledge base (51 percent)
- Click-to-call (43 percent)
While phone still holds the top spot for preferred customer service—and likely will for some time—other forms of service are gathering momentum. And this is just the tip of the marketing iceberg; the age, location, level of tech savvy and numerous other demographic factors may influence the way your customers are most comfortable receiving communications from your business.
Needless to say, companies should direct marketing initiatives where their customers are—but many don’t know where to start. Fortunately, there are multichannel marketing solutions offered by best-of-breed vendors that strengthen customer engagement and increase return on investment—all without the anxiety and headaches.
A strategic partner can identify solutions that will enable you to reach customers on the channels they prefer. The advantages of an end-to-end strategy multichannel marketing partner are truly limitless. Here are just a few:
- Business intelligence that provides valuable insight into how and where your customers want to be contacted
- The capability to provide an above par level of customer experience regardless of the channel being used. Telephone still reigns as the most widely-used contact center communication channel, but 40 percent of customers do prefer a different channel.
- The ability to use only the channels that create a customized strategy best-suited for your needs
The benefits listed above, among many others, can help turn your marketing efforts into tangible gains this year. But they are far from the only advantages your business can reap. For more information on how to form a partnership with InfoCision, visit our website.