By Steve Brubaker, InfoCision Chief of Staff
At this point, you and your team members have made the decision to outsource your contact center to a third party solutions provider. Everyone agrees that this is the best path moving forward to save money, improve efficiencies and streamline customer services.
Keep in mind, though, that not all contact center solutions providers will offer the same level of quality and dedication. In fact, some solutions provider can do more harm than good. As such, it’s important to thoroughly vet each provider when outsourcing so that you can rest assured that you are partnering with an organization that has your best interests in mind.
Remember: outsourcing is no small task. You are trusting a private organization to manage a huge part of your business. Plus, they will have access to a massive amount of customer data.
Here are five things to watch out for when outsourcing your contact center:
- Data security: When assessing a contact center solutions provider, you’ll want to do more than just look at their information technology setup. Take a hard look at the agents that will be interacting with customers on a daily basis. Look for things like integrity, and knowledge about cybersecurity. Make sure that the team of agents you will be hire are educated about cybercrime and up to date with the latest findings from across the threat landscape.
- Unexpected fees: Be wary of contact center providers offering low monthly fees that seem too good to be true. Take a hard look at the fine print in your service level agreement before signing it, and make sure you have a firm understanding of how your company will be charged for services. Otherwise, you could wind up paying far more than you anticipated down the road.
- Maintenance schedules: Another thing that you will want to look into is system maintenance. At certain intervals, your contact center may need to perform server maintenance which may impact system availability and uptime. Find out how much downtime you can expect each month, when it will be performed and how much it will cost. This is not something you want to discover after you sign up for a contact center provider’s services.
- Agent quality: You should also be aware that not all third party solutions providers will offer outstanding customer service agents. Look for agents who are experienced, friendly and professional. Don’t skimp out in this category to save money.
- Flexibility: Customer service demands are constantly changing, and so above all else it’s important to find a provider that is flexible and capable of meeting the advanced needs of your organization. Look for providers who can move at your pace.