Everyone can agree that it’s important to empower your workforce but developing best practices to boost retention and morale in the contact center space is critical. At InfoCision, we have decades of experience, which equates to a plethora of time-tested, valuable ideas.
With the holiday season in full swing, it’s a time like no other to evaluate how your management team offers appreciation and encouragement to everyone on your workforce, especially including your team on the phone. From gamification and e-cards built-in our screens each day, to holiday-themed grand prize giveaways, we motivate our agents to provide excellent customer service in every call. However, empowerment is more than just the stuff money can buy. It’s:
- Building an environment where people genuinely want to come to work – a place that fosters self-esteem, builds confidence, and feels like family
- Believing in the values of the organizations and brands we’re asking others to support
- Having supervisors and managers who practice empathy and active-listening, remembering birthdays and asking about sick grandkids
- Visiting the call center floor regularly with senior management who are invested in acquiring feedback from agents, in person, themselves
- Focusing on finding solutions within an atmosphere of remarkable teamwork, not just debriefings venting about common challenges
- Ensuring your team has the tools they need to offer an unmatched customer experience
- Genuine job satisfaction comes from more than appreciative Christmas cards, offering team lunches, and coordinating cheesy holiday festivities. True empowerment is generated through a culture of operational excellence, in a commitment to the continual and sincere encouragement and inspiration of your workforce – not just during the holidays, but throughout the entire year.